Sunday, 3 August 2008

Lost & Found Sounds V: Rodriguez - Swing Like a Metronome


This took ages to find. I went on the trail soon after absorbing M. Ward's masterpiece End of Amnesia which is to date one of my top 5 favourite albums. This is Ward's first outing ably accompanied by Kyle Field from the wonderful Little Wings and overseen by Grandaddy's Jason Lytle.
Here Ward although taking a backseat to Field's more extrovert nature pays more attention to Sonic Youth and early Dinosaur Jr than the John Fahey inspired solo persona that he was to soon adopt though there are glimpses. The album is by no means a masterpiece but I reckon it's pretty essential if only for Fountain, Must be Waiting and the cover of Tom Violence which closes the show.
Let the music do the talking

1 comment:

blasikin said...

I just bought End of Amnesia on your suggestion. Rad. How are you?