Sunday, 3 August 2008

Lost & Found sounds II: Rollerskate Skinny - Horsedrawn Wishes


Ok I swear these won't all be Irish but it just seems to me that a lot of important releases got swallowed up in the chasm of time. Rollerskate Skinny lived somewhat in the shadow of My Bloody Valentine due of course to the fact that guitarist Jimi Shields (I'm pretty sure his mother didn't name him that) was the brother of Kevin. Jimi left the band before this critical breakthrough album and maybe just maybe his departure took the pressure off. It combines noise and pop perfectly. Listening now I hear bits of Animal Collective not least on Speed to my Side which is a true wonder. It took me forever to replace my battered cassette version of this one so I'm compelled to share it with y'all. This is a must, honestly.
Let the music do the talking

1 comment:

sammyg123 said...

I'm very pleased you have decided to re-start your wonderful blog Mr Dali. I'll be checking out all your lost and founds over the comig days. I recognise this album cover but have never had a listen. Thanks..